Cover Letter Starters and Endings
By Linda Matias
Do you get stuck on how to start or end your cover letter, so much so that you decide to send your resume without it? Well, there is no more need to fret. Below are sample cover letter starters and endings for you to use when writing your letter.
Sample Cover Letter Starters
- Sample 1: I am a dependable, quality focused professional with a consistent record of meeting and exceeding employer requirements. As I am currently seeking new employment opportunities, I would like to present my resume for your review and consideration.
- Sample 2: I am writing to express my interest in your current opening for a <Position Title>; therefore, please allow me to submit my resume for your review. Having served in sales and operational leadership roles for the past 10 years, with continued success in meeting business/operational goals, I am confident that I can make a valuable contribution to your organization’s future projects and initiatives.
- Sample 3: I noted your advertisement for a <Position Title> with a great deal of interest, as your candidate description appears to be an excellent match for my background and skills. Therefore, I have enclosed my resume for your review and consideration.
- Sample 4: I am a highly motivated employee with a consistent record of going the extra mile to meet corporate objectives. As I am currently seeking new employment opportunities, I would like to present my resume for your review and consideration.
- Sample 5: I am a conscientious, organized professional with a 15+ year career and a consistent record of meeting employers’ requirements and goals. As I am currently seeking new employment opportunities, I would like to present my resume for your review and consideration.
Sample Cover Letter Endings
- Sample 1: I will contact you within the week to follow up on this letter of inquiry. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if I need to furnish you with additional documentation. Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Sample 2: My resume is enclosed to provide you with additional details regarding my technical/supervisory skills and achievements. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview with your organization. Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Sample 3: My resume contains additional details regarding my career accomplishments. I would welcome an opportunity for a personal interview to discuss your organization’s needs and the results you can expect from me in addressing those needs. And I thank you in advance for your time and review of my qualifications.
- Sample 4: To provide you with details concerning my qualifications and accomplishments, my resume is enclosed. I will contact you next week to follow up on this letter of inquiry; perhaps we could arrange a meeting to discuss our mutual interests. Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Sample 5: Thank you for taking the time to review my credentials. I hope you feel a personal meeting would be beneficial; I am available at your convenience. If you have any questions, or when you are ready to schedule an interview, please give me a call.
Back to Job Related Articles
About the Author
Certified in all three areas of the job search, Certified Interview Coach™ (CIC), Job and Career Transition Coach (JCTC), and Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW) Linda Matias is qualified to assist you in your career transition, whether it be a complete career makeover, interview preparation, or resume assistance.
She is also the author of the forthcoming book, How to Say It: Job Interviews (Prentice Hall Press, August 2007). You can contact Linda Matias at lindacareerstrides.com or visit her website www.careerstrides.com for additional career advice and to view resume samples.