Job Related Articles from Davidson Staffing in California
Articles for Job Seekers | Articles for Employers
- Recruiters vs. Job Boards
Top ten reasons to use a recruiter vs. using a job board. If you're ready to make a career move, allying yourself with a professional recruiter can greatly up your odds of success.
- Job Interview Questions: Are You Manageable?
Knowing the technical aspects of your job isn't enough to convince an interviewer you are the best person for the job. They assess who you are as a person and whether you are manageable.
- Three Easily Avoidable Resume Mistakes
The top three resume mistakes that are easily avoidable. Follow the resume advice in this article and you will increase the chances that your resume will read better than your previous attempts.
- Easy-to-Implement Cover Letter Advice
You should put the same effort into your cover letter as you do your resume. By implementing the following easy steps, you will ensure that your cover letter stands out just as much as your resume.
- Cover Letter Starters and Endings - Five Examples
Do you get stuck on how to start or end your cover letter, so much so that you decide to send your resume without it? Here are sample cover letter starters and endings for you to use when writing your letter.
- How to Reach Outside Yourself to Advance Your Career
Your advancement is limited only by your commitment to your own career development. Involving others in your quest will get you one step closer to who you want to be, personally and professionally.
- Qualified Candidates - Poorly Written Resumes
Using these steps will enable you to create a resume that stands out from the competition in a spirited job market.
- Dress Code - Decoding the Dress Code
In some corporations and industries, it's Casual Friday every day of the week. Yet even with today's relaxed standards, it's still not a good idea to show up for work in torn shorts and a baggy tee shirt.
- How to Negotiate the Perfect Salary
If you are considering any new position and you currently are already employed, you should be seeking higher wages, a better working atmosphere, and an overall improvement in your career.
- Effective Cover Letter Techniques - Writing Cover Letters
Sending your resume off through the mail can often seem like you are blindly putting yourself "out there" for everyone to look at and review.
- Tell Me Again, Why Did You Leave Your Last Job After Six Months?
That's not a question you want to field during an important job interview, especially if the details are gory.
- Get all the Facts on Maternity Leave
Having children can be a time of great joy. It can also be a time of major league stress.
- 10 Things You Must Do Before That Successful Interview
The sequence goes like this: the resume gets you an interview; the interview gets you the job.
- Job Search 101 - Inappropriate Questions
Have you ever felt uncomfortable about a question someone asked in a job interview?
- Great Interviews Get The Job - Top 10 Job Interview Questions
It can be easy to convince ourselves that the job interview doesn't matter so much, as long as our resume is outstanding, our dress is impeccably professional, and that we are nice people.
- 8 Job Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid
In order to best prepare yourself for that all important interview, make sure you avoid these mistakes that could prevent you from winning that position.
- 10 Signs of Career Burnout
Learning to distinguish normal stress from the deeper issues that lead to career burnout is important in order to effectively deal with the problem.
- Follow Up Letters Win Job Offers
A surefire way to separate yourself from a sea of other qualified candidates is to write a follow up letter after an interview.
- Five Hot Resume Tips
The purpose of a resume is not to land you a job, but rather to get you in the door for an interview. This concept is important because it will help you familiarize yourself with the resume process.
- Some Time Savers - Time Management Articles
In over 2,000 Time Management seminars, which I have conducted for more than 100,000 people from around the globe during the last 20 years, I have shown people how to get more done in less time, with less stress.
- Time Thieves - Time Management Articles
Every day, eleven time thieves gang up on you and work to take some of that precious time away from productive use. Let me introduce you to this inconsiderate troupe.
- The Art of Negotiating a Raise, Promotion, Better Job Title, or Bonus
Negotiation is a give-and-take process until an eventual agreement is reached between two or more parties. To understand the art of negotiation, a jobseeker must understand that it is a give process as much as it is a receiving process.
- It May Be Time to Walk in an Employers Shoes
If you are in a job search and aren't receiving viable hits, it's time to walk a mile in an employer's shoes.
- Is Your Job Resume On Target?
When writing a resume, create a mental picture of a desk piled high with dozens or even hundreds of resumes next to each other.
- Job Resumes - Do's and Don'ts
Our job resume tips come directly from our professional recruiters, who see countless numbers of resumes (good and bad) every day.
- The Steps to a Successful Job Interview
Compiled by Davidson Staffing's Professional Recruiters. Prepare for your next job interview by following these steps to a successful interview.
Articles for Employers | Articles for Job Seekers
- Recession Proof Workforce Solutions
In uncertain economic times, the inclination is to bring everything in-house and make due with what you have. But perhaps the real solution is a change in hiring mentality.
- Maintaining the Productivity of Anxious Employees
Productivity and profitability depend upon happy and stable employees, because employees who know that their employees care about their well being are more apt to want to focus and do a good job.
- Civil Electronic Court Filing in District Court - CM ECF
Many Federal civil courts are implementing Electronic Court Filing systems, which require mandatory compliance and participation from counsel.
- Hire Right
Updating your hiring process with some innovative approaches can provide you valuable insight and enable you to hire right.
- Creating a Breeding Ground for Successors
You've invested years in your industry and many long hours developing your executive career and supporting team. How do you generate an environment that fosters a breeding ground for quality successors?
- Love Actually: Third Party Recruiters and HR/Staffing
When I first joined a former employer - a large, consumer-oriented company - as head of staffing, I thought my goal was to build an empire and rule over all of the staffing land.
- Streamlining Your Hiring Procedures
You may need to streamline your hiring procedures in order to acquire top talent before someone else does.